Picture to word matching using Avaz

Dear friends 
In this video I am showing how I am training Addu to word level in Avaz. Avaz is his communication tool and he is communicating using pictures with words in Avaz. At present he can communicate for his needs, he can initiate interactions, he can express his feelings and can ask for medicines, he can introduce himself,can send greetings to friends and relatives, he can order food from restuarents etc. Now I am training him for words level. I taught him words to pictures matching using structured files, in worksheets during computer skill training programs etc. He is not a rote learner and so he doesn't know spellings. He is associating words using phonics. Now I am introducing words without pictures in Avaz. One folder I created with words and practicing. I started doing dictations too with Avaz keyboard. Like this he is moving to the next level and so he can generalise it. In the picture level his communication skills are very good and that's why I am moving to the next level.No need to worry, if your child is nonverbal or semi verbal , we can train them using AAC and they can communicate and can express everything .
Regards
Smrithy and Addu


https://youtu.be/pLkEjRwfVQ0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am different, not less!!

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step