Reading and following instructions

Recently I attended a workshop on "Work placement and challenges around it"by Dr. Shobha Srinath (Retd. Child Psychiatrist from NIMHANS) at Bubbles. Bubbles periodically organises different workshops and training sessions by subject matter experts in various fields. I would try and attend all workshops and this enhanced my learning. I would take down notes and after the workshop, I would try and put my new learnings to use the very same day. Merely attending workshops is not going to help us if we do not use what we learn to teach our kids.
In this workshop, Dr. Shobha addressed the prerequisites for work placement. According to her, these include communication skills, daily life skills, emotional regulations, using skills meaningfully.. the list starts from these basic skills.. As parents, we have to give primary focus to the above skills.. I am sharing it here for my fellow parents..
Dr. Shobha mentioned that, if your child knows how to read, teach him to read and follow instructions. That point stayed in my mind. All the other prerequisites that she mentioned I was already working on. So this time I started to focus on reading and following simple one step instructions. This is an important step in the workplace.
I started with the basic level and we are moving step by step, slowly and steadily..I am sharing that video here..
YOUTUBE.COM
A small step for an independent life. Reading and following simple one step instructions independently.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step

Structured Teaching Method and why it is important for children with ASD