SUMMER VACATION AND ACTIVITIES

For most of our kids transitions are difficult and so anxiety will shoot up. First day of vacation itself I was ready with schedules and activities. So the transition was easy. We can prepare a schedule according to the kids level of understanding. Schedules will help kids to understand the beginning and end of the day and what will happen next and how long they have to do each activity and the kids will be motivated to communicate if they wants to make changes in the schedule.We can use schedules and visuals to prepare them if there are changes in the daily routine. Most of our kids don't know what to do if they are getting lots of free time and that's why unwanted behaviours shooting up during holidays. If we are planning a proper program including physical activities, self help skills, sensory activities, skill training, academics, Play skills and visiting shops and restaurants (for social skills), we can enjoy our holidays. These are some of the activities we are doing at home. And some days we are taking him outside for visiting different places.
I am doing house hold work in the middle of these activities. If I am cutting vegetables, I also give him the job of cutting vegetables . Like that I am making him engaged in all activities with me. Aadi is doing activities with us. Physical activities are important for all of us. So when they are doing cycling I will do some exercise. After each activity I will give him a break of 5 to 10 minutes and during that time I will relax. Evening when my husband reaches home, he will take him out for shopping and for some physical activities again.During that time I will get a break for myself (If he comes early). At that time I am trying to help other families and posting videos and sharing what we are doing with him.
I hope this post will help other parents to get some idea about planning activities during summer vacation.
Regards
Smrithy and Addu

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step

Structured Teaching Method and why it is important for children with ASD