How to Teach Typing

How to teach typing for a child who had difficulties with scanning and identifying alphabets, and facing great fine motor difficulties.

My son had difficulties with visual discrimination and auditory discrimination.So he was getting confused with p and b, a and g, h and n, u and n…For that I worked at home.

1. Pointing to alphabets in an alphabet sheet with visual cues.

2. Find which is different from a strip of alphabets.( All his confusion alphabets).Sorting that set of alphabets(n and u,p and b,b and d)

3. When above two steps achieved independently ,I sticked some alphabets on the laptop and created one worksheet for typing his familiar words with visual cues.I was putting space between the sounds in the cards,otherwise he was getting confused.

4. When he moved into independent typing for that worksheet I introduced more words .Always I was shifting all worksheets to independent typing because my long term goal is data entry.

5. In the next level I choose 7 more words,that associated with his daily life and in that there is no space between sounds.

6. Then I introduced ‘clevy keyboard’ for him and was practicing all the above worksheets.

7. Now he is able to type words independently using Clevy keyboards .

I achieved a small step of data entry.

Sharing all the above video link for helping other parents.
Regards

Smrithy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step

Structured Teaching Method and why it is important for children with ASD