About me

Dear Friends,
I am Smrithy. My younger son is diagnosed with ADHD and autism.After diagnosis we did ABA and I was a cotherapist for him at home.He was attending ABA sessions for 2 hours from a center and I was training him at home with the same principles.Initially he responded very well with ABA and imitation and communication skills, body parts, common objects, function of objects,fruits, vegetables, vehicles, categorisation,shapes,colours, sorting...he learnt so fast in the training.But after 8 months,he started crying throughout the session.At that time,no one was able to work with him,other than me.we tried different therapy centers and at last we reached in a school, Bubbles,where they are following structured teaching method.Then I also joined to the one year diploma special education course for Autism.I did my practicals in my son's school and attend theory classes on Saturday.It was really difficult for me to complete that course, because too much assessments,record works, learning notes after a gap...but some how I completed it and it was a big help for me and my family.So we thought of sharing ideas and videos to help other kids and families touched by Autism.For that we created this channel and uploading videos step by step in speducation, communication, language,sports like basketball, cycling, swimming,roller skating, art Activities,Fine motor Activities, Proprioceptive activities, teaching typing,about visual schedule and how to arrange a structured classroom,how to built workskills. Now we are following structured teaching method with visual schedule.My son had severe anxiety, structure and visual schedule helped him to calm down,by reducing his anxiety.I got best results from structured teaching method and so now i am continuing that.By teaching each skill,my focus is how that skill can help him for his independent life.My husband Rajesh and my elder son Adithya are always supporting me.We are not doing activities as a robotic manner,we all are enjoying and having lots of fun while working with Addu.At present after seeing my videos,lots of parents from different parts of the country contacting me for helping their kids,and I am trying my best to help them.I hope this channel will help other fellow parents.. I believe that Mother is the best therapist and acceptance and love is the best approach with our kids
Regards
Addu and Smrithy

Comments

  1. Hi
    I see your videos regularly. The material u have made is brilliant. Your work with your son is outstanding. I am trying to follow your methods. My son is 4.5 years old. He is taking ABA for 8 months now. I also work with him at home. I am facing many challenges. I am still not able to build a structured schedule for him. U work in a very meticulous way. Can I talk to you ? Could u hare your number?Thanks akshi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step

Structured Teaching Method and why it is important for children with ASD