Training Advaith for doing "laundry ". An important Independent daily living skill that can lead to a vocational skill

Dear Friends,
In this video I am showing how I am training Addu for doing laundry. We love him a lot and he is blessed with a caring brother. But I am believing that it is my responsibility to teach him all independent living skills. When I am not well, my boys are helping me. Because of my disc degeneration issues I can't climb steps and during holidays we started these activity with Addu.
Laundry is an important independent daily living skill and it can help him for a vocational skill. Because of his proprioceptive seeking issues, SI(sensory Integration) therapists suggested activities for carrying heavy weight, transferring things... Now he is doing all that activities in a meaningful way instead of doing it in a class room. 
If you are worrying about your kids hyperactivity, coordination issues, following instructions, pragmatic language skills... do these activity. 
Parents please remember that "Our main focus is that, they should lead an independent life and we should work for that step by step".We have to train them for academics, at the same time don't forget to build work skills, then only we can help them for vocational skills.
Regards
Smrithy and Addu.
This activity helps him to learn an important independent living skills. Also it includes proprioceptive inputs (carrying weight,tranferring clothes), follow...
YOUTUBE.COM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.....

How i taught my son to type - Explained Step by Step

Structured Teaching Method and why it is important for children with ASD